Dr. Avis Jones-DeWeever has over twenty years of research, advocacy, and evaluation experience. She is President & CEO of Incite Unlimited, LLC, a consulting firm devoted to the principle of moving great ideas to effective action. Jones-DeWeever is a frequent speaker on race, gender and the economy, poverty, inequality of educational and economic opportunity, and issues of privilege, power, and policy in the U.S.
Prior to founding Incite Unlimited, she held positions in the Governor’s Office of Virginia, the Maryland State House of Representatives, ORC-Macro International, the Congressional Black Caucus Foundation, and the Institute for Women’s Policy Research. Most recently she served as the Executive Director of the National Council of Negro Women, leading the organization at a particularly crucial moment in its history following the death of Civil Rights and Women’s Rights icon, Dr. Dorothy I. Height.
– Clutch magazine: What Black America Owes the First Black President
– Clutch magazine: Goodell Can’t Get It Right, Without the Help of Black Women
– Womens e-news: NFL Just Gave Black Women Another Punch in Face
– Huffington Post: Do We Hate Our Children?
For interviews, contact Simona Combi at firstname.lastname@example.org.
– PBS, To the Contrary: “Whining” About The Pay Gap?
– PBS, To the Contrary: Barbie Battle
– News One Now with Roland Martin: Not So Angry Black Woman Comes For NY Times TV Critic
– News One Now with Roland Martin: The Story Behind The New Job Numbers